Square Box Fitness strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program.
Square Box Fitness is not a licensed medical care provider and represents that it has no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, and are voluntarily participating in these activities.
You should also understand you assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Square Box Fitness from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising from choosing to participate in this exercise program.
Shape-Up Challenge Week 1
Three exercises as follows:
Each body weight exercise is done for 1 minute, the circuit is repeated 3 times.
Total exercise time is 9 minutes.
Click TIMER to download the 1 minute timer.
1. Lateral Diagonal Bounds
- Start in a shallow squat with your weight on your right foot, and leap sideways as far as you can go to the left, landing on your left foot and bringing the right foot to the left. Immediately reverse directions and jump to the right.
- Continue jumping side to side for the minute.
2. Squat with front leg raise
- Start, stand with your feet about hip-distance apart, toes forward.
- Press your hips back and lower into a squat until your knees are at about 90 degrees and behind your toes. (A)
- Straighten your legs to return to standing, lift your right leg up in front of you, (B) and return it to start.
- Then lift your left leg up in front of you, return it to start.
- Immediately lower into another squat, this time lifting the left foot as you stand back up.
- Continue alternating sides with each rep. continue for the minute.
3. Elbow Plank
- Start on the floor, resting on your forearms and knees.
- Step your feet back one at a time and come into a plank position. When holding elbow plank, be sure your shoulders are stacked over your elbows and your body is in one straight line.
- Contract your abdominal muscles to prevent your backside from sticking up or sinking.
- Hold as you can, and work your way up to one minute as you get stronger.
Enjoy your exercising!