Square Box Fitness strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program.
Square Box Fitness is not a licensed medical care provider and represents that it has no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, and are voluntarily participating in these activities.
You should also understand you assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Square Box Fitness from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising from choosing to participate in this exercise program.
2016 Shape-Up ♥ Term 1 ♥ Week 3
Three exercises as follows:
Each body weight exercise is done for 1 minute, the circuit is repeated 3 times.
Total exercise time is 9 minutes.
Click TIMER to download the 1 minute timer.
1. Sheet Shake
- You will need a large sheet
- Grip the sheet in the middle with both hands shoulder width apart.
- Begin shaking the sheet as fast and hard as possible, as if trying to shake off dust.
- Your aim is to get the whole sheet off the ground.
- Continue for the minute.
2. Box Squats
- Do this exercise with or without weights.
- Start by sitting on a chair towards the middle of the seat.
- Contract the muscles in your abdomen and backside.
- Pressing your weight onto your heals and with a back straight, stand straight up.
- The visual cue is to image a rope attached to the top of your head and it is pulling you up vertically.
- If you are doing this exercise correctly there is a tendency to fall back into the chair.
- Repeat for 10-15 repetitions with good form.
3. Side plank
- Come down onto a mat on your side, with forearm beneath you, elbow directly under your shoulder and knees bent to about a 90-degree angle.
- Press up into a side plank, pushing your hips up towards the ceiling.
- Your weight should shift forward and towards your knees so that it is not supported by your shoulder.
- Pause at the top, then lower your hips to about 3 cm off the ground. Then press back up.
- Do 7 to 8 repetitions, then switch sides and repeat.
Enjoy Your exercising!