Square Box Fitness strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program.
Square Box Fitness is not a licensed medical care provider and represents that it has no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, and are voluntarily participating in these activities.
You should also understand you assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Square Box Fitness from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising from choosing to participate in this exercise program.
2016 Shape-Up ♥ Term 1 ♥ Week 4
Three exercises as follows:
Each body weight exercise is done for 1 minute, the circuit is repeated 3 times.
Total exercise time is 9 minutes.
Click TIMER to download the 1 minute timer.
1. Modified Burpee
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your hands by your side
- Bend your knees and reach for the ground, placing your hands on the floor in front of you.
- Kick your legs backward so that you’re now in a push up position.
- Quickly bring your feet back into your hands.
- Exhale slowly while returning to the start position
- That is one repetition, repeat for the minute.
- Modification: Do not jump up into starting position, and rather than hopping back with both feet, step back one foot at a time.
2. Box Squats with arm raisers
- Stand in front of a chair with your feet hip-width apart, your hands are by your side, with/without weights.
- Slowly lower your bottom toward the chair without actually sitting down, simultaneously raise your hands to chest height.
- Be sure to tighten your abdominals to help support your back.
- Keep your knees over your ankles and place your weight in your heels throughout the full range of motion.
- Straighten your body upright and repeat for the minute.
3. Russian twist
- Sit on the ground with your knees bent, pull your abs to your spine, and lean back a few inches while lifting your feet off the floor. Be sure to keep your back straight.
- Reach your arms out in front of you, and twist your torso to the right, then to the left, repeating for one minute. Lower your heels to the ground if you need to.
Enjoy your exercising!