Square Box Fitness strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program.
Square Box Fitness is not a licensed medical care provider and represents that it has no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, and are voluntarily participating in these activities.
You should also understand you assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Square Box Fitness from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising from choosing to participate in this exercise program.
2016 Shape-Up ♥ Term 1 ♥ Week 6
Three exercises as follows:
Each body weight exercise is done for 1 minute, the circuit is repeated 3 times.
Total exercise time is 9 minutes.
Click TIMER to download the 1 minute timer.
1. High Knees & kick behind
- High Knees: begin by holding your hands straight at hip level and lifting the knees as high as you can aiming to touch your hands with your knees. Keep the core tight to support your back.
- Repeat for rounds of 20 then move onto the kick backs
- Kick backs: Start Stand with your feet close together and your knees slightly bent.
- Kick your right foot up to your right glute so that your heel touches your right glute. Your right thigh should be almost perpendicular to the floor. Quickly switch to kick your left foot up to your left glute. If you can’t get your heels to touch your glutes at first, don’t worry as your heels will get closer over time.
- Repeat for rounds of 20
2. Reverse lunge with a twist
- Stand with your feet about shoulder width apart, holding a weighted item in front of your chest. ( we used a dumbbell but a bag of rice or any weight is good)
- Take a big step back with your right foot. Tense your core and lower your body so that your back knee is as close to the ground as possible.
- Extend the weight in front of you then, rotate your torso to the left, (the direction of your leg in front).
- Twist your torso back to the centre, bring the weight back to your chest and push off your back foot to bring your body upright and your feet back together to the starting position.
- (Make sure when you’re getting up, your front knee stays in a line with your foot and doesn’t sway side to side)
- Repeat this for the opposite leg while twisting to the other side.
- Alternate legs for the minute.
3. Offset push up
- Start in a high plank position either on your knees or toes. Hands are directly underneath your chest.
- Take the right hand out to the side lower to the ground and push up.
- Return hand to the middle and repeat for the left side.
- Alternate sides for the minute.
Enjoy your exercising