Square Box Fitness strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program.
Square Box Fitness is not a licensed medical care provider and represents that it has no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, and are voluntarily participating in these activities.
You should also understand you assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Square Box Fitness from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising from choosing to participate in this exercise program.
2016 Shape-Up ♥ Term 1 ♥ Week 9
Three exercises as follows:
Each body weight exercise is done for 1 minute, the circuit is repeated 3 times.
Total exercise time is 9 minutes.
Click TIMER to download the 1 minute timer.
1. Side Skaters
Side skaters look simple, but this challenging exercise tones the glute medius, hamstrings, thighs, and core, all at once.
The important part of this exercise is that gets the heart pumping, and supports ankle stabilization.
- Start in a small squat.
- Jump/step sideways to the right, landing on your right leg. Bring your left leg behind to your right ankle, make sure that your right knee stays over your right ankle.
- Reverse direction by jumping/stepping to the left with your left leg. This completes one rep.
- Repeat side skaters for one minute.
- Kneel on your exercise mat and place the palms of your hands flat on the floor shoulder-width apart. Your fingers should be pointing forward. Your arms should be vertical and your hands directly under your shoulders.
- Adjust the position of your knees until you feel you are putting sufficient weight on your hands. Do not allow your lower back to sag, as this can lead to injury.
- Keeping your abs tight to support your spine, lengthen your neck and tuck your chin slightly in. Inhale, bend your arms and smoothly lower your chest toward the floor.
- Push back up to full arm extension, exhaling as you do. Pause for a second and then repeat.
- Perform as many repetitions as you can in good form and then rest for the remaining minute.
- Advance to full push up on your toes when ready.
Leg Raisers and Toe Touch
- Lie on the floor with your legs straight and arms out to your sides.
- Raise your left leg and reach your right hand to touch your toes (or reach as close to your toes as you can), engaging your core and making sure both shoulders come off the floor.
- Return to the starting position. Repeat to the other side.
- Alternate sides for the remaining minute.
Enjoy your exercising