Square Box Fitness strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program.
Square Box Fitness is not a licensed medical care provider and represents that it has no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, and are voluntarily participating in these activities.
You should also understand you assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Square Box Fitness from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising from choosing to participate in this exercise program.
2016 Shape-Up ♥ Term 2 ♥ Week 5
Three exercises as follows:
Each body weight exercise is done for 1 minute, the circuit is repeated 3 times.
Total exercise time is 9 minutes.
Click TIMER to download the 1 minute timer.
- Upright Mountain climber
- Start standing tall.
- Raise your right arm straight up in the air and engage your lower abs to raise your right leg up, bringing your knee towards your ribs. Reach up high, like you’re climbing up a rope that is going straight up a mountain.
- As soon as you lower your right arm and leg back to their starting position, raise your left arm straight overhead and bring your left knee towards your chest.
- The movement is a reach and pull.
- Repeat this alternating movement. Start out slowly and build up to a faster pace
- Step Up
- Hand weights are optional.
- Place a step or wooden box in front of you. Brace your core and lower back.
- Step up on the box with your right leg and take your left knee and raise it in front of you.
- Step down with your right leg. Repeat exercise with the other leg.
- Keeping alternating sides for the minute.
- Dead Bug
- Lie down and flatten your back onto the mat, imagine sending your belly button to the floor, this will protect you from injury.
- Bend the knees at a 90º angle and raise arms straight up to the ceiling, this is the neutral position.
- Starting with the left leg and right arm, extend leg and hand out as far as possible but not touching the ground.
- Slowly bring the arm and leg back to neutral. Repeat with the opposite arm and leg.
- Continue alternating for the 1 minute, ensuring the back remains flat on the mat.
Enjoy your exercising this week!