Square Box Fitness strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program.
Square Box Fitness is not a licensed medical care provider and represents that it has no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, and are voluntarily participating in these activities.
You should also understand you assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Square Box Fitness from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising from choosing to participate in this exercise program.
2016 Shape-Up ♥ Term 3 ♥ Week 2
Three exercises as follows:
Each body weight exercise is done for 1 minute, the circuit is repeated 3 times.
Total exercise time is 9 minutes.
Click TIMER to download the 1 minute timer.
1. Gate Swing Cross
- Start with your feet in a wide, with your toes pointed slightly outward.
- Bend your knees and lower into a squat, using your hands to help push your knees wide apart to deepen the inner-thigh stretch.
- Engage the buttock and abdomen muscles and jump your right leg in front of your left, landing in a standing cross-legged stance.
- Immediately jump your legs back out to a wide squat.
- Repeat the jump crossing your left leg in front of your right.
- Repeat alternating the cross as many times as possible for the minute.
2. Reverse Lunge with Rotation
- Stand with your feet about shoulder width apart, holding a weighted item in close to your chest. ( we used a dumbbell but a bag of rice or any weight is good)
- Take a big step back with your right foot. Tense your core and lower your body so that your back knee is as close to the ground as possible.
- Extend the weight in front of you then, rotate your torso to the left, (the direction of your leg in front).
- Twist your torso back to the centre, bring the weight back to your chest and push off your back foot to bring your body upright and your feet back together to the starting position.
- (Make sure when you’re getting up, your front knee stays in a line with your foot and doesn’t sway side to side)
- Repeat this for the opposite leg while twisting to the other side.
- Alternate legs for the minute.
3. Diamond push up
- This move tones and strengthens the backs of your arms, shoulders and chest.
- Begin on your hands and knees, then place your hands together to make a diamond shape with your thumbs and forefingers.
- Keeping your tummy tucked in and your back straight, bend your arms and lower your chest to the floor.
- Pause, then push your body upwards as you extend your arms to return to the start position.
- Repeat for the minute.
Enjoy your workout!