Square Box Fitness strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program.
Square Box Fitness is not a licensed medical care provider and represents that it has no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, and are voluntarily participating in these activities.
You should also understand you assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Square Box Fitness from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising from choosing to participate in this exercise program.
2016 Shape-Up ♥ Term 4 ♥ Week 4
Three exercises as follows:
Each body weight exercise is done for 1 minute, the circuit is repeated 3 times.
Total exercise time is 9 minutes.
Click TIMER to download the 1 minute timer.
1. Air Squats
This is an effective exercise for both the beginner and the advanced athlete.
- Stand with your feet a little wider than hip-width apart, your toes turned out slightly and your arms resting at your sides.
- Engage your abdominal muscles and broaden across your chest.
- Start the decent by pushing your backside and hips out and down behind you as if you are sitting down into a chair.
- Using your arms as a counterbalance, reach upward making sure that your knees are tracking directly over your toes (not inward).
- Return to standing with arms back to the side.
- Repeat with rapid speed and good form for the minute.
2. Frog Jumps
- Start in a wide stance squat with finger tips touching the floor
- Keeping your chest up, forcefully push off the ground with the balls of your feet.
- Land on the balls of your feet, and descend gently, softly and rhythmically, avoiding impact on the knees back to the deep squat position.
- Take three frog jumps forward then three frog jumps backward
- Continue for the minute.
Alternatively you can take four leaps forward and run backwards to start repeating for the minute.
3. Bear Crunch
- Start in a tabletop position with your hands directly under your shoulders and your knees directly under your hips.
- Dig your toes into the floor and slightly elevate your knees so they hover just a few inches above the ground.
- Simultaneously rotate your torso to the right and drive your left knee and your right elbow toward each other so they meet in front of your chest.
- Pause, and then return to table top position and repeat for the left side.
- Continue alternating sides for the minute.
Alternatively you and do the Bird-Dog exercise holding for 3 seconds before changing sides.
Enjoy your workout!