At Home Workout 102
Three exercises as follows:
Each body weight exercise is done for 1 minute, the circuit is repeated 3 times. Total exercise time is 9 minutes.
Click TIMER to download the 1 minute timer.
1. Fast Feet
- This is a rapid movement of the feet 5 to 10 centimeters off the ground.
- Contact should be on the mid foot not the toes or heels. This will activate the muscles around the ankles.
- Muscle in the legs and upper body are relaxed, head up, hips tall, avoid the sitting type position.
- Keeping this form repeat fast feet action for as long as you can for the minute.
2. Prayer Squats
- Begin with your feet in a wide stance, toes turned out about 45 degrees, and hands in prayer position.
- Keeping your back straight, sit your hips down and bend your knees until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Hold for eight breaths; squeeze your bottom and straighten to standing position.
- Repeat for duration of the minute
3. Double Knee Press Out
- Start by lying on your back with your knees towards your chest ( 90º ) and your arms flat on the ground.
- Keeping your back flat throughout the movement kick your legs out and away until they are almost straight.
- Bring your legs back in and repeat for the minute.
- If you are unable to keep your back flat on the floor throughout the movement shorten the distance that your legs extend until you get stronger.
All the best with your workout this week!