At Home Workout 203
Three exercises as follows:
Each body weight exercise is done for 1 minute, the circuit is repeated 3 times.
Total exercise time is 9 minutes.
Click TIMER to download the 1 minute timer.
- Side step knee up
- Start by standing feet together
- Step out with your right leg, bring your left knee up and your right elbow to meet your left knee.
- Return to start position and repeat by stepping out with your left leg.
- Keep alternating for the minute.
- Mountain Climbers
- Start in a plank position
- Pull a knee up toward the chest, while keeping the abdominal muscles braced, the backside down, the gaze ahead of you on the floor
- Switch feet (pulling the opposite knee in as the first leg goes out) without pulling the backside upwards
- Switch knees back and forth for as long as you can in the minute. Rest and try to better your endurance on the next round.
- Push Up from the ground
- Start by lying on the floor, place hands wide at chest level.
- Engage your chest, arms, abdominal, thighs, back legs, back and bottom muscles.
- Try and lift the torso off the ground in one movement to get into a plank position on your toes.
- Initially use the front of your thighs nearest to your knees to get past the sticking point (the point where the body hasn’t the strength to move, but will one day with continuous practice!)
- The aim is to rise off the floor in plank form. Once in plank your body should be straight and elbows extended.
- Keep abdominal muscles engaged and allow the elbows to flex and lower your chest slowly to the floor.
- Repeat push up off the ground if you can, otherwise simply tensing the muscles to engage is a brilliant push-up exercise!
Enjoy your workout!