Square Box Fitness strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program.
Square Box Fitness is not a licensed medical care provider and represents that it has no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, and are voluntarily participating in these activities.
You should also understand you assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Square Box Fitness from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising from choosing to participate in this exercise program.
Shape-Up Challenge Week 4
Three exercises as follows:
Each body weight exercise is done for 1 minute, the circuit is repeated 3 times.
Total exercise time is 9 minutes.
Click TIMER to download the 1 minute timer.
1. Seal Jumping Jack
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your arms extended out to your sides, parallel with the floor, palms facing forward. (A)
- Jump your feet open as if you were doing a jumping jack, and simultaneously bring your arms in front of your chest and clap your hands. (B)
- Immediately return to the starting position.
2. Genie Squat
- Stand with your head facing forward and your chest held up and out. Place your feet shoulder-width apart or slightly wider.
- Cross your hands in front of you (like a “genie”) to help keep your balance. Sit back and down like you’re sitting into an imaginary chair.
- Repeat for the minute. For beginners: Start by using a chair and sit into it. Keep the same form as above, press your weight back into your heels and stand up.
3. Sprinter sit up
- Sit with your legs extended and feet pointed. Arms by your side, and elbows bent at 90-degrees.
- Bring the right knee towards the left elbow, then lower the right leg to start position.
- Bring the left knee towards the right elbow, then lower the left leg to start position.
- Continue to alternate sides for the minute.
Enjoy your exercising!