At Home Workout 204
Three exercises as follows:
Each body weight exercise is done for 1 minute, the circuit is repeated 3 times.
Total exercise time is 9 minutes.
Click TIMER to download the 1 minute timer.
- Prayer squats
- Begin with your feet about three feet apart, toes turned out about 45 degrees, and hands in prayer position (a).
- Keeping your back straight, sit your hips down and bend your knees until your thighs are parallel to the floor (b).
- Hold for eight breaths; squeeze your backside and straighten back up.
- Repeat for the minute.
- Low side lunges
- Stand with your feet and knees together.
- Take a large step with your right foot to the right side and lunge toward the floor.
- Make sure your right knee does not extend past your toes and keep your left leg relatively straight.
- Push off through your right foot to return to the start to complete one.
- Repeat with other leg.
- Alternating legs for the minute
- Elbow Plank
- Start on the floor, resting on your forearms and knees.
- Step your feet back one at a time and come into a plank position. When holding elbow plank, be sure your shoulders are stacked over your elbows and your body is in one straight line.
- Contract your abdominal muscles to prevent your backside from sticking up or sinking. Your spine should be parallel to the floor, with your abdominal muscles pulling toward the ceiling.
- Hold 30 seconds or as long as you can, and work your way up to one minute as you get stronger.
Enjoy your workout!