Square Box Fitness strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program.
Square Box Fitness is not a licensed medical care provider and represents that it has no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, and are voluntarily participating in these activities.
You should also understand you assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Square Box Fitness from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising from choosing to participate in this exercise program.
Shape-Up Challenge Week 2
Three exercises as follows:
Each body weight exercise is done for 1 minute, the circuit is repeated 3 times.
Total exercise time is 9 minutes.
Click TIMER to download the 1 minute timer.
1. Fast Feet
- This is a rapid movement of the feet 5 to 10 centimeters off the ground.
- Foot contact should be on the mid foot not the toes or heels. This will activate the muscles around the ankles.
- Elbows are at 90º and leading with the elbows, swing arms back and forth, hands and fingers extended.
- The faster the arm move the faster the feet move! It is an amazing trick! Repeat for the minute.
2. Reverse Lunges
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, hands on your hips, chest up, and shoulders back (a).
- Keeping your upper body still and core tight, take a large step back with your right foot, then bend both knees to lower into a lunge (b).
- Press through your left heel to return to standing.
- Repeat, stepping back with your left foot.
- Continue alternating for the minute.
3. Push Ups
- Kneel on your exercise mat and place the palms of your hands flat on the floor shoulder-width apart. Your fingers should be pointing forward. Your arms should be vertical and your hands directly under your shoulders.
- Keeping your abs tight to support your spine, lengthen your neck and tuck your chin slightly in. Inhale, bend your arms and smoothly lower your chest toward the floor.
- Push back up to full arm extension, exhaling as you do. Perform as many repetitions as you can in the minute with good form.
Enjoy your exercising.