Square Box Fitness strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program.
Square Box Fitness is not a licensed medical care provider and represents that it has no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, and are voluntarily participating in these activities.
You should also understand you assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Square Box Fitness from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising from choosing to participate in this exercise program.
2016 Shape-Up ♥ Term 2 ♥ Week 1
Three exercises as follows:
Each body weight exercise is done for 1 minute, the circuit is repeated 3 times.
Total exercise time is 9 minutes.
Click TIMER to download the 1 minute timer.
You can use an exercise ladder, or you can draw consecutive squares, or you can imagine a ladder. It is all good!
- Start with your feet hip width apart at the bottom of the ladder
- Jump up with both feet and land on the left foot only in the first square
- Immediately push off with your left foot and land with both feet outside the first square.
- Immediately push off with both feet and land on your right foot only in second square.
- Repeat this pattern for the full length of the ladder or imaginary ladder.
- Continue for the minute.
2. Sumo Squat Punch
- Stand with feet wider than shoulder-width apart and your toes slightly turned out.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand in front of your hips.
- Push your hips back and squat down, keeping your chest up and knees out.
- Do not round the lower back, and try not to let your knees move forwards, the squat should be like sitting into a chair, so you should be able to see your toes at all times.
- Also your thighs should drop no lower than parallel to the floor.
- Keep your head straight up and punch to the left then right continuously for the minute or as long as you can and try and improve on the next round.
3. Dead Lift hops.
- Start with both arms in goal post position
- Swing your right leg behind you as you move forward.
- Hop up, land softly and repeat on right leg then change and repeat on left leg.
- To make this easier, after the jump tap your front leg on the floor and lift your knee again. Or omit the hop altogether and work on balance as you tilt forward.
Enjoy your exercising!