Square Box Fitness strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program.
Square Box Fitness is not a licensed medical care provider and represents that it has no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, and are voluntarily participating in these activities.
You should also understand you assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Square Box Fitness from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising from choosing to participate in this exercise program.
2016 Shape-Up ♥ Term 3 ♥ Week 5
Three exercises as follows:
Each body weight exercise is done for 1 minute, the circuit is repeated 3 times.
Total exercise time is 9 minutes.
Click TIMER to download the 1 minute timer.
1. U- Turn Squats
- Start by lowering into a squat, return to standing.
- ¼ turn to the left, twice, squat after each turn.
- ¼ turn to the right twice, again squatting after each turn.
- The movement is following a 3 squat U turn, with 2 steps
- If you can also squat jump the turn for extra intensity.
- Repeat for the minute.
2. Shoulder press with foot on the step
- Start with your right foot on a step, press your heel onto the step to active the right gluteal muscles.
- Have your arms out to form the letter ‘W’ and engage the muscles of the shoulder blades then extend your arms to form the letter ‘I’.
- Keep your inner arms as close to your ears as possible and activate the muscles just under the armpits and work through the back. Keep fingers extended.
- Repeat W & I action continuously for 30 seconds then change leg and repeat sequence for the reaming minute.
3. Waist line warrior
- Sit with your legs extended in front of you. Holding a ball extend your arms forward. Engage your abdominal muscles and lean slightly back.
- Engage your thighs to lock the position in place breath in and rotate your torso to the right, keeping the arms straight and not bending the elbow as you turn.
- Slowly exhale and return to centre and repeat on the other side, inhale and lengthen the spine as you turn, exhale as you return to centre.
- Continue working through the abdominal muscles alternating sides for the minute.
Enjoy your exercising!