Square Box Fitness strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program.
Square Box Fitness is not a licensed medical care provider and represents that it has no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, and are voluntarily participating in these activities.
You should also understand you assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Square Box Fitness from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising from choosing to participate in this exercise program.
2016 Shape-Up ♥ Term 4 ♥ Week 2
Three exercises as follows:
Each body weight exercise is done for 1 minute, the circuit is repeated 3 times.
Total exercise time is 9 minutes.
Click TIMER to download the 1 minute timer.
Have some fun with skipping with Buddy Lee’s (Olympic Champion Jump Rope) check list
- Maintain your balance by looking straight ahead.
- Maintain an upright posture.
- Maintain your weight on the balls of your feet.
- Jump only high enough to clear the rope (approx. 1 inch off the ground).
- Land lightly on the balls of your feet.
- Keep your elbows near your sides.
- Maintain your elbow joints at a 45-degree angle.
- When turning the rope, make 2-inch circles with your wrists.
- Do not sacrifice good form for speed.
2. Single Leg Deadlift
- This exercise can be done with or without weight.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, right foot raised off the floor and arms extended in front of you.
- Bending forward from your hips and keeping your back flat, raise your right leg straight behind you and your hands hangs down from your shoulder.
- Return to start. That is one rep. Repeat 10 to 15 times on each leg.
- Rest for the remaining seconds.
3. T-Push Up
- Side plank can be substituted for this exercise.
- Begin in plank position.
- Take a breath in and then exhale to bend your elbows, lowering into a push-up.
- Inhale to straighten your arms, and at the top of your push-up, turn your feet and raise the left arm straight up overhead, rotating your torso to stack your shoulders, and turn your heels to the right, making a T-shape with your body.
- Exhale to place your left palm back on the ground and lower into a push-up.
- Inhale to straighten your arms and lift your right arm up overhead, rotating your torso and turning heels to the left.
- Exhale to place your right hand back on the ground.
- Doing a T push-up on both sides counts as one repetition do 3 to 6 in the minute with good form and rest for the remaining minute.
Enjoy your workout!!